Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I owed you one


I believe that I owed someone a picture of New York City... so here it is! NEW YORK CITY! More specifically, Times Square, which is like most "squares" that I have found here in Boston - not a square at all. Chalk that up for another Bostonism.

Overall, the picture reminds me a lot of my trips to China! Lots of people, lots of lights. Almost like a sensory overload. If you look close, you can see the famous ball that drops to start the new year (it says 2009 just underneath of the ball, you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger). From what I understand, it is a new ball this year. According to wikipedia, for 2009 it is bigger (12 feet in diameter instead of 6) and 20% more energy efficient (GO GREEN!). Apparently this is the first year it has been left up all year... lucky me!