Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gingerbread Men

Yeah... I baked these. I had my last team meeting at Boeing and decided to go above and beyond the usual snack bringing duty that I bestowed upon myself as a co-team leader.

Feeling festive I bought the gingerbread mix at Trader Joes. I followed the directions for cookies and as I rolled the dough out, I suddenly realized the potential of the thin dough in from of me. Without cookie cutters on hand, I grabbed a knife and started cutting - completely liberated from the conformity of standard cookie cutters I was able to make mix and match gingerbread men.

Pick a hat - top hat, baseball cap, or beanie

Choose arm position - normal relaxed at the sides, one hand up waving to a buddy, or the both hands up fist pump!

I then noticed my ginerbread men we basically shirts and pants with heads, so I decided to add some arms, legs, feet, and hands... making a much more realistic gingerbread man (far left).

I finished it off with the running gingerbread man (upper right corner)

Merry Christmas!