Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ode To Yats

I'm going to break my new photo blog tradition for a quick Ode to Yats.

Yats is one my favorite traditions when I return home to Indianapolis.  I ALWAYS stop by for a meal.  It's a Cajon Creole quick food restaurant with incredibly delicious food, a wonderful atmosphere, and overall a great personality.  The workers are always in a great mood and greet you with the cool cat, laid back attitude shared by the gracious owner, Joe - who can be frequently found clearing tables and running dishes out to patiently waiting customers.



To any visitors to Indy, I highly recommend stopping by for a casual meal - there are locations downtown, in Broad Ripple (the original and best location), and on the north and south sides.  


A huge plate of food costs about $7.50.  Their menu is always changing (it's written on a chalkboard in the picture on the right below) so you never know what to expect.  You can try a dish before you buy it to make sure you'll enjoy it.  If you can't decide, go with most popular Chili Cheese Etoufee and you will be sure to love it!


I love YATS!