Friday, April 23, 2010

Patriots Day

I’ve stumbled across more holiday’s that I’ve never heard of, yet alone been given the day off, here in the New England area. While the holiday of Patriot’s may seem insignificant or even made up, it was a very welcomed break from class, providing students with a 4 day weekend.

I utilized the weekend to go home for a good buddy’s bachelor party back at the great university of Purdue! There were about 20 of our college friends who made it back for the festivities including softball, a cookout, and a townie pub bar crawl. We even crashed at the old fraternity house. There for a bit, many of us forgot that we weren’t in school anymore.

I then spent the rest of my weekend visiting with neighbor and spending time with the family. The only thing that could have made the weekend better was less homework… but I can’t have it all.

I returned to Boston on Tuesday for a very short 52 hour week, as I will be flying out to Seattle on Thursday night for a pre-internship visit to Boeing and hopefully find a house.