Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Seattle Pre-Visit

While it may have been a rough start for my trip to Seattle, the rest was smooth sailing. I arrived late on friday night and picked up a sweet red two door Nissan Altima (which reminded me remarkably of my pre-LGO car... the one I sold to pay rent) and headed to my hotel.
The next day I started the traditional Boeing fashion... EARLY. I met Robin at 7am to start the tours and introductions. Many of the workers start work at 5am!!! The day was great! I stuck my head into the wheel well of the 737, which was remarkably cool! The day ended early/mid afternoon where I returned to my hotel for a beautiful run along the water front before I picked up Jason, who was visiting from Chicago to help with my apartment search (and to bum my hotel room and rental car in Seattle for the weekend... I don't mind, he was a great help and made the weekend much more fun).

We checked out the famous Pike Street Market on Saturday Morning. I could see myself going here a lot!!! Hopefully I end up within biking distance... or maybe even walking distance.


We hung out by the water front... see the mountains in the back ground! This bird was chillin' on top of a street light that lit the street just down hill below the park we were standing in. I discovered that Seattle has some very steep hills which could prove interesting on a bike.
The Space Needle! I'm still not sure why it was built... but it sure looks cool.
The Troll under Fremont Bridge. We had to stop by!
The weather over the weekend was great! I realize it may have been an anomaly, but I'm still very excited to move to Seattle for a while. While the weather was nice, I was most impressed by the friendliness of the people... everywhere! I couldn't believe it! It was such a stark contrast from the cloud of grumpiness that often fills the Boston streets. Luckily Sloan seems to be fairly immune to the grumpy-cloud.