Saturday, August 7, 2010

LGO Reunion Continued

The very next night, I unexpectedly got a call from Kuldip! Apparently all of the Amazon interns were in town at the Amazon headquarters. I quickly jumped on my bike and joined her and her co-workers/interns for dinner. Another intern, Saketh, from her Reno facility who was visiting with her is a current MBA at my favorite school in the country.... PURDUE!

Between catching up with Kuldip, reminiscing about Purdue, and meeting new Seattle people it was a great night. I got to bed later than usual but it was completely worth it.

I was able to catch back up with Kuldip Saturday night as well.

Sunday morning, I joined The Rob Jackson (LGO classmate, Amazon Intern, previous Boeing Employee, and all around awesome guy) for breakfast before he flew back to the lovely midwest (Lexington, KY to be exact). After breakfast, I once again caught back up with Kuldip and Saketh. We spent the day exploring Seattle. It was great to show someone all of the cool places that I've found... hint hint for anyone traveling to Seattle in the next few months.

I would say the highlight of my day was when Kuldip and I ran through the International Fountain at Seattle Center. It was something that I've always be wanting to do, but to run through it alone seems lame. We were out there when it was doing it's choreographed "dance" to music so we never new when it was going to spray. As with any unpredictable fountain, the goal is not to get wet, yet stay there until you do. At one point, Kuldip yelled "wouldn't it be funny if this jet sprayed up", just as I turned to look the very jet sprayed her in the face! A very good time!

We then continued to the famous Kerry Park for a fantastic view of the city. We then headed over to Alkai Beach for some Bocce Ball before I drove them to the airport! It was a great afternoon to spend with a good friend and a new friend!