Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break!

I spent my Spring Break in Seattle and it was awesome. There will be a few blogs to cover all of the activities that I experienced, but I thought I would start with the mountain cabin that we rented for the first weekend I was there.

I joined 13 of my Seattle friends (from my internship at Boeing) at the Riverdance Lodge in lovely Leavenworth, WA. Once again, I took on the responsibility for cooking for the entire group. I made a HUGE grocery run on Friday which held us through for the weekend. We had "Brad-Thai" on Friday, Chili on Saturday, and Breakfast Burritos on Sunday. Delicious if I say so myself. We had a hot tub, sauna, huge living room, and beautiful mountain views. A great weekend to kick off spring break.

Leavenworth is a mountain town with a Bavarian theme. Due to the usually warm weather, my plans for cross country skiing fell through, thus I decided to go to the local fish hachery to complete my education on the salmon life cycle.



The Fish Hatchery.
I caught a fish in the information center.
After a great weekend we headed into downtown Leavenworth to enjoy a bratwurst lunch and see some of the tourist traps (aka, shops). Our favorite shop was the hat shop, with tons of different hats.

Downtown Leavenworth.
The hat shop.