Saturday, May 15, 2010

Admit Weekend

I have some catching up to do on my blog and studying for finals that I would like to avoid. Sometimes things just line up.

A few weeks back was Admit weekend. This is the weekend when prospective Sloanies invade campus to check things out and frequently make that final decision... do I really want to go to this school? It's much like the LGO Open House, but with many more attendees.

I went to one of the evening events at Characters Bar and Grill in Kendall square. While typically a quiet place serving mostly as a hotel bar, on this particular night it was quite lively. The Sloanies took over with a social event headlined by the student band, The Rolling Sloans.

They did a great job of entertaining the crowd with an incredible variety of music with, according to rumors, very little practice.