Sunday, May 16, 2010

Purdue Graduation

I realize that I'm rather behind on my blog and while I would like to keep things sequential, I want to go ahead a post some pictures from the weekend. We'll get back to the sequential events after this.

I was fortunate this past weekend to have the opportunity to fly back to Indiana for my sisters graduation. She officially completed 6 years of pharmacy school at Purdue University to graduate with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. You may now call her Dr. Laura. She even received one of those fancy graduation hood!

The weather was beautiful as we enjoyed the afternoon on campus taking pictures and attending the pharmacy reception.

We then headed to famous Elliot Hall of Music where we joined 6000 other graduates and attendees for the first of 4 graduation ceremonies over the weekend. One of my favorite parts of the ceremony is the lighting and projector work (perhaps its the AV nerd in me). As you can see, there is a HUGE video screen serving as the backdrop for graduation. There are also two more "image magnification" video screens on either side of the stage to help everyone in the back row see what is going on.

Then Varsity Glee Club and commencement band also help with the production!
Here's a picture of Laura shaking hands with the president of Purdue. I snapped this picture of one of the video screens, otherwise this angle would have been impossible.
The Purdue Drum as a backdrop!
Here's my best picture of the night, a great shot of the Engineering Mall Fountain (also feature in my previous post). The fountain is usually off at night. During 4 years at Purdue, I don't think I ever saw the lights on with the fountain going, making this picture even more valuable to me!
On our way to the car to drive back home, we stopped at the Electrical Engineering building to see a picture of our Dad from his Purdue days in 1972. My freshman year, I walked by his picture 3 times a week, so it was fun to walk by it again!

Congratulations Dr. Laura! We're proud of you!