Sunday, July 11, 2010

Seattle Apartment


For those who don't know, when I left Boston for Indiana, I did not have an apartment in Seattle lined up. My plan was to get here and find one. Three days before I left Indiana for Seattle, a craigslist add responded and came through.

I would say the previous 3 months of Craigslist searching (including the pre-internship visit in April) gave me enough experience to feel good about agree to an apartment with two roommates who I had never met and an apartment I had never seen. Based on the location, apartment description and short phone conversation, I was confident that I would work out. I'm guessing that most people would not be comfortable with this situation. My thoughts... how bad could it be?

Well...

Upon arrival, the two new roommate walked out to my car and greeted me, then proceed to help unload everything! We were done in a few minutes! They then looked at me and my sister and asked if we wanted to see the town? We proceed a few blocks to the neighborhood center and were quickly acquainted with many of the local bars.
That night, I learned there is a great thing about Seattle called Happy Hours. They can happen at any time depending on the bar or restaurant (unlike Boston which has NO drink specials). For example, one place has a happy hour from 10pm till close! And the best part, the Happy Hours typically include great food!

All in all, the apartment has been great. Great roommates, great location, and great view (see below). Many people would consider my craigslist experience "lucky", but I arrogantly reply that it was due to my craigslist skill. I also attribute it to the great advice I've received from countless people (you know who you are... thank you!!!).

And now for some pictures of the apartment.

Here is the view from out living room. Two HUGE windows that meet in the corner! It's great!
You can see the Space Needle and skyline!
View from the balcony, as always, the powerlines look much worse in a picture than in real life.
Sweet stainless steel counter tops.
Who doesn't want two fridges?