Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm BACK!

I'm sorry to say, it's been a month since my last post. In the past month, there has been a perfect storm of activity - my internship involvement has increased, my thesis work has increased, and my job search has increased (or started, that's probably more accurate). These unexpected increases combined with the desire to maintain my social life has squeezed the blog temporarily out of the picture.

Since last post, I have
  • Spent a week in Boston for Midstream Review - great to see the LGO's again
  • Spent a weekend in Leavenworth in an awesome lake cabin with 11 other friends
  • Attended my first University of Washington Football game
  • Went Traditional rock climbing (aka Trad Climbing) at Mount Index
  • My parents visited Seattle and the weather cooperated
In the weeks to come, I have:
  • Several friends the midwest will be visiting
  • My brother will be out here for business
  • Interviews in Boston
  • A weekend snowboarding trip in Whistler
  • A 2000+ mile drive back to Indiana, then another 1000 miles to Boston
There's a thesis and some internship in there as well.

Last night my friend and MIT classmate Avi was in town. We toured the Boeing Everett facility, ate a great dinner at Peso's, and then explored a bit of the city. We took some pretty cool pictures of "the Troll under the Bridge" in Fremont. It was a great visit with him.

The Troll! That's an actual VW Bug under the hand on the right to give you a sense of scale.
Here's a picture from the top of the troll's head looking down under the bridge. We had some fun with long exposures.
And more fun..
And even more fun.

See you soon!