Thursday, October 21, 2010

U Dub!

I went to my first non-big ten college football game over the weekend, and I went in S T Y L E. Climbing Kristina is in the alumni band and was able to take me into the game with the band.

We started the day at a tailgate in the stadium parking lot! I almost felt at home except for all of the purple!

Here's the "other" tailgating lot. You can drive a boat up to the UW stadium if you want. I have a new dream, to tailgate on a boat!
I said I was with the band! Instead of carrying an instrument, I got to carry stuff in a backpack. Just call me the sherpa. I was able to quickly snap a picture with a sousaphone (not a tuba, those look much different).
The UW campus has a small rock climbing wall. So I HAD to climb in, even though I was well weighted down with gear and not in climbing shoes.
Did I mention we went in on field level (although it was kinda weird with a track around the field, but I don't mean to complain)? We had great seats in the endzone. I even got to run down onto the track to do pushups with each touchdown. For those who followed, the Huskies won in double over time!
Pregame picture with the actual UW Husky and the marching band in the background.
Purdue, while this day was fun, UW will never replace you!