Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back in Boston

Since December 17th, I have driven 3300 miles across the country from Seattle to Boston (there were a few other trips in there putting the 33 day driving total to more than 5000 miles). To my surprise, over 97% of the 3300 mile trip was covered in snow, culminating with the most snow on the ground in Boston.


The streets are much narrower than I recalled due to the large amount of snow. Cars parked on the street are "pushed" inward due to the piles of snow on either side. It's a very good thing I was in my Ford Explorer rather than in a U-haul like the first time I moved to Cambridge.

Here I am, ready to bike to class!

A nice shot of one of the MIT undergrad dorms as I head to campus over the rail road tracks for the first time in a long while.