Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm home. It's nice. Very nice. Although once again, when I leave for college my parents decide to change "my room". This time, the bunk beds are gone. My brother and I have always shared a room, thus the need for bunk beds. My dad built these bunk beds when I was about 4 and I've been sleeping on them since. I remember when I was about 6 year olds telling him that one day I would be too tall to fit on the bunk beds... guess what... I was WRONG!

Anyways, it is nice to wake up at my parents house, look out the kitchen window and see GREEN. It is quite a change from the red brick, grey concrete, and black asphalt that surrounds me in Cambridge, not that Cambridge is ugly, this is just beautiful. See what I mean!



My dad loves his trees and my mom loves her flowers. It works!

I also had the opportunity to visit my grandparents in New Albany, Indiana on my way to Nashville Tennessee for a weekend with my good college buddies. With my grandparents busy social schedules, I was lucky to get all three of them (two on dad's side, one on moms side) together mid day on friday.

We enjoyed a home made chili lunch at my dad's parents house, followed by a tour of their bustling garden and a viewing of my pictures from a summer in Boston. I then sat down at the their computer for a quick computer lesson. Ever since they got a computer we have had the tradition of giving them a lesson with each visit. This visit's lesson... blogging and Pandora. Trust me, it was good... right Grandma?

I then went with my mom's mom to the new New Albany YMCA where she has started a rigorous workout program. Hopefully, the next visit we'll have time to go back so I can try the climbing wall... it was HUGE!!!

Here are my grandparents (from L to R, Grandma Sadtler, Grandma Geswein and Grandpa Geswein) in front of the tall sunflowers in the garden. The tallest flower measures 7.25 feet. Quite impressive!

It was really good to see them and I really appreciate their accommodations to my tight schedule. So far, 4 days into my visit, I have found time to see Indy friends, college friends, grandparents, neighbors, aunts and uncles on mom's side, and my immediate family. I just have work friends and hopefully more Indy friends to go before I return to Boston! Once again, a little planning goes a LONG way!