Sunday, February 21, 2010

Around Town

My buddy Bill was in town to visit some local MBA schools including MIT. He joined me for a few classes and stayed through to the weekend. On saturday, we rocked Boston for the day. I haven't done the "touristy" stuff in a while.

Saturday started with lunch at the North End, a great place for italian food. We also stopped by the North Church famous for "One if by land, two if by sea".


A view of the North Church from a very old cemetery.
After lunch we stumbled across a very narrow alley with a fall out shelter sign. It's good to know the people living in that area will be safe!

This picture demonstrates my poor photography skills, but I think you get the idea.

We then headed over to Copley Square to check out the Boston Public Library. It's a beautiful old building with a very modern addition. I would suggest going just to see it!

On one of our subway excursions, I stopped to take this picture at the Park Street Station. Did you know that the Park Street Station was the first subway in America? I did! And now I have evidence.

Our last stop was at the Harpoon Brewery! We had a quick tour of their operations (it reminded me of plant trek) followed by samples! Very cool!