Saturday, February 6, 2010

Race Up Boston Place

Today was the day... 41 flights straight up! I competed with about 1000 other athletes to scale up the "One Boston Place" building. While not quite as organized as the "Bop to the Top" in Indianapolis, still a very well run event. The biggest difference I found was the overall space... for some reason, there isn't quite as much space in Boston (that's a joke).

They haven't posted official times yet, but my unofficial time (according to my watch) is roughly 5 min and 5 seconds. Assuming this is correct, I have slightly improved over last year's time in Indy (when accounting for the difference in building height). Hopefully I'll be in the top 25!!!

Thanks to all who supported me through the fundraising efforts!

Now for some pictures.

Here's the race crew shortly after arrival. Adrienne and Mike Donohue and myself!
Waiting in line to go!!! They start racers every 15 seconds to avoid a rush up the stairs.
The start!!! The red "X's" on the table are where you scan into the timing system with a chip on your right arm. You do the same at the top to scan out.
Finished! Thank God!!! Notice the people on the floor behind me.
Obligatory muscle pose!
The view from the top looking towards the harbor.
View from the top of Boston Commons. The Prudential and John Hancock building are in the background... along with some snow flurries!

Next post... Uncle Brad!