Sunday, June 6, 2010

Moving Phase 1: Part B - Pittsburgh to Indianapolis

This part of the trip was rather uneventful. I basically drove straight on I-70 for 6 hours. One distinct moment of the monotony was somewhere in Ohio where the familiar sweet smell of midwest air permeated the rental car. I was getting close to home and I could not only see it but smell it.

I pulled into the driveway at roughly midnight with 940 miles under my belt. I quickly unloaded the van into the garage and with the help of my dad, returned it to the airport well before my 48hr deadline!

At that point, I had 5 days to get everything ready to head out to Seattle, especially my 1998 Ford Explorer that has 152,000+ miles on it. Your probably going to hear a lot about the Explorer in my coming posts for two reasons... 1.) I love the car! 2.) I'll be spending a LOT of time in the car. Just thought I'd warn you.