Sunday, June 6, 2010

Moving Phase 2: Intermediate Preparation

During the 5 days in Indianapolis, much of my time (and money) was spent getting my Explorer, affectionately known as Eddie) ready for the biggest road trip of my life. But there was also some fun and great visits dispersed in there.

As I mentioned, I arrived around midnight on Saturday night. Sunday morning I promptly got into a car with Dad headed for the Grandparents house roughly 120 miles away (round trip that's roughly 240 miles... I'll round up to 250 miles). Dad was intending to put in a sink while I visited with the Grandparents, which seemed like a very fair division of labor if you asked me.

Fortunately, Dad and Grandpa got distracted by the piano and guitar while I worked in the kitchen cooking a meal for everyone. I'm no culinary artist, but I thought it would be fun to cook for the Grandparents. I decided on a few dishes that they probably haven't had before, curry chicken quinoa and chicken pad thai. Though the dishes didn't turn our quite perfect, I was pleased with my work as we sat down for a late lunch/early dinner.

Curry Chicken Quinoa
Chicken Pad Thai

On monday, I spent the day with Eddie (the explorer). The day started with a tire rotation and balance, followed by an oil change, then I decided that I should go ahead a buy new tires so I went back to the tire dealer for new tires. When I returned home, the afternoon heat had settled thus making it a good time for a wash and wax.

Tuesday, I headed up to Fort Wayne with my good buddy Ross to help him move some stuff from his lakehouse, thus making another day of many miles on the road.

Here is his lake house. We have had many fun memories at this place from New Year's celebrations to Labor Day or Memorial Day weekend and even painting the largest deck I have EVER painted.
The beautiful lake view.

Ross's Grandfather's truck and trailer!!!! It's HUGE! The trailer can handle 6 tons!

The rest of the week consisted of getting the AC coolant in the Explorer replaced as well as the front lower ball joints. By friday, Eddie was in as good of a condition as I can recall in years.

Thursday night I loaded up, ready for a very early departure friday morning. Next stop... Denver!