Monday, November 1, 2010

Lake Cabin

Several weeks ago, The Group made plans to rent a cabin on Lake Wenatchee near Leavenworth. There were various reasons to head to Leavenworth that weekend. There was a hilly half marathon, a big Oktoberfest celebration, and plenty climbing in the area.

Twelve of us ended up going for the weekend. We hung out in the really nice cabin, did some climbing, a few of the group ran a hilly half marathon while others enjoyed the Oktoberfest that Leavenworth had to offer.

The cooking skills that I've been developing were put to the test as I volunteered to organize/cook several meals for the entire group (with the help of many sous chefs. The cabin had a KILLER kitchen which made cooking fun for the entire group.

We had a pasta bar friday night, to prep the runners for the race. Saturday night we made shrimp or chicken tacos. Sunday morning we had breakfast burritos. I certainly enjoyed the cooking and the eating.

Here's the cabin we stayed in.
The view from the cabin looking over the lake.
Here was our view Saturday morning as the sun rose.
Here I am just before rock climbing. I decided to climb a big boulder for a cool picture, but the sun bleached out the blue sky.
Primary colors, cooking in the kitchen! I believe this was taco night! Don't mess with me while I'm cooking!

This is what happens when climbers stay in a cabin with a rock chimney.
Yes... we all took a turn, but the other pictures turned out blurry.
Sunday morning Breakfast Burritos.
Sarah was tired from the half marathon, or the late night... we'll say the half marathon.
Here's The Group on Sunday, not ready to depart!
It's people like these who have helped make my stay in Seattle one that I will never forget.

As usual, more to come.