Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family Visit

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to get a visit from my parents and sister. With my brother and his wife already in the area, this marks the first time all of us have been together since my brother's wedding in April.


We started the weekend with a lobster steam. Here's my dad selecting only the finest lobster for our dinner. We capitalized on the low prices in the lobster market and bought 15lbs of lobster at $5-$7 per lb.

He found a "lucky" lobster that had a blue color instead of the typical red. Here's a picture of me holding the red one (named Mordecia) next to the blue one (named Clarence). Delicious!

The next evening, we headed to the top of the tallest building in New England, the Prudential tower's Top of the Hub restaurant to enjoy a fancy yet leisurely dinner high above Boston. The atmosphere was great and our attitude was laid back and light hearted. Despite such a fancy place, I was surprised how ordinary much of their menu was.We enjoyed everything from spicy lobster soup to a simple chicken sandwich. We finished the meal with the Hub's "Almost Famous Cookies". (look close in the middle of this this picture, you'll a bright white spot which is the famous "Citgo" sign with fenway park to the left)

Sunday morning we went to the extravagant St. Paul's Church in Harvard Square where we heard their famous Boys and Men's choirs. We were also graced with the presence of the Arch Bishop of Boston and an auxiliary bishop of New Orleans. It was quite a celebration.

After church, we grabbed a bite at a nearby rooftop restaurant and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Here's a picture of my lovely sister and mom with St. Paul's bell tower in the background.

A great weekend for everyone. I look forward to Christmas when they return, unfortunately, I don't think the weather will be quite as nice.