Monday, September 7, 2009

New York II

Over the long weekend, I returned to the Big Apple for another short visit. This time, Dave (my brother) and I headed down for a match at the US Open. Since we were making the trip anyways, we decided to spend a little extra time in the city so that I can continue my sight seeing adventures. Dave has been to New York more than 10 times now, so he was a great tour guide as we hiked through the concrete jungle.

Our bus arrived near the original Macy's, which Dave immediately insisted that we visit... not for shopping but for the original wooden escalators still in use.

These were much cooler than anything else I saw in the store! Even the steps were made of wood!

We then proceed to our hotel, and the headed around town before the match. Some of our stops included:

Rockafeller Center

The Chrysler Building (look how tall I am!)

Radio City Music Hall (back to being short)

St. Patrick's Cathedral


Grand Central Terminal

And the Empire State Building



This trip filled in the New York City sight seeing gaps left by the last trip! It was great to see the famous and historic places!

Next Blog: The US OPEN!