Monday, October 5, 2009

Field Trip Revisited

As I mentioned in the past, the LGO program features great opportunities to see what we are learning in the real world. I like to call them field trips, but the more professional term is Plant Trek.

Anyways, in a previous post I mentioned these field trips. What I didn't mention is that cameras are not allowed to the proprietary nature of what we are shown. However, I did receive permission to post this picture from the Pratt and Whitney tour.



This was distributed in the Pratt and Whitney company news letter and forwarded to us! We are standing in front of the jet engine destined for the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger plane. As you can see from the picture, the world's largest plane also requires one of the worlds largest jet engines.

This is just one of the many amazing things we have seen on our local Plant Treks. I'm already looking forward to our 2 week long tour in January of manufacturing plants all across the country! ROAD TRIP!