Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Colts Game

After I finished my undergrad degree at Purdue, I found myself with LOTS of idle time on the weekends, especially on Sunday. That is when I found the beauty of the NFL. Growing up in Indianapolis, I have always watched the Colts, but not religiously, mostly due to lack of interest as a kid and lack of time as a high school and college student. But post college, I suddenly had the time and the interest!

Additionally, I was able to acquire tickets through work, thus increasing my interest and enthusiasm. It’s one thing to watch a game on TV, and a whole different experience to watch the game live.

Over the years at work, I was able to attend at least one or two games per season, and it almost became a habit. This fall in Boston, one day I came to the realization that I would not be attending a Colts game this year, and with that came disappointment… until I check the Colts schedule and my winter break schedule and discovered a home game when I would be in Indy!

I quickly called home and informed my ticket reliable yet anonymous ticket acquirer of the coincidence. He sprang into action and secured tickets for the final home game of the season, which was especially exciting because the Colts were undefeated at that point. Unfortunately, the Colts pulled their starters in to prevent injury in hopes of a superbowl victory instead of an undefeated season. As my wise brother pointed out, incentives in the NFL encourage a Superbowl win over a perfect season. Too bad that happened when I was there.

Don’t feel too bad for me... we had tickets in a 50 yard line suite.

Me and my sister, Laura.
Laura and I in the bobsled... wait... why is there a bobsled at a football game?