Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snowboarding

I got a call from Dave, my brother the other night. He said do you want to go snowboarding this thursday. I was surprised to be planning a snowboarding trip just a few days out! And then it hit me, when you live in Boston, decent ski slopes are only short car trip away. I'm used to booking a plane ticket, renting a car, and planning several months out for a trip.

We left for the Wachusett slopes right after Dave got off work. It was an hour from the Alewife subway station where he picked me up. It had been a while since I last rode, but my boarding skills came back quickly! We were hitting the jumps by the 3rd run down. We ended the day with a straight shot down the black diamond run. I had never gone so fast on a board before but I couldn't even begin to keep up with Dave (who's really good at boarding! you should see him hit a jump!)

The place was lit so we could ski till 10pm when it closed. The weather was PERFECT... not too hot, not to cold. At no time was I sweat nor cursing the cold. And the snow, the nicest snow I have experienced in New England, which is famous for icy runs.

We are already planning our next trip.

Dave enjoying the dinner I packed for us.
Dave and I after tearing up the slopes.