Sunday, January 17, 2010

Plant Trek by the Numbers

7,500 - Miles Traveled
168 - Suitcases, Backpacks, Purses, and Bags (approximately)
51 - People - 47 LGO students, 1 SDM Student, 3 Faculty
36 - Bus Rides
13 - Days
11 - Individual Flights (7 trips - 4 trips had a layover)
9 - Companies Visited
7 - Different Hotels
6 - Lost Bags
4 - Receptions
3 - Hot Tubs
2 - New Waterbottles (gifts from Amazon and Dell)
1 - Trip that I'll Never Forget

I mapped my flights.
Note: I started and ended in Indianapolis while most students started and ended in Boston.

My Itinerary:
Indianapolis -> Seattle (via Memphis)
Seattle -> Phoenix
Phoenix -> L.A.
L.A. -> Austin
Austin -> Raleigh (via Houston)
Raleigh -> Detroit (via Atlanta)

Seattle - Boeing, airplane factory
Phoenix - Amazon.com, fulfillment facility
L.A. - Amgen, R&D headquarters
Austin - Dell, Cisco, and Flextronis, massive internet routers
Raleigh - Novartis, H1N1 Vaccine plant
Detroit - GM and Ford, automobile factories