Monday, March 22, 2010

International Plant Trek 2

I'll just start by saying this trip to China has be AWESOME! I realize I'm a few days behind with this blog, but I'll try to keep it sequential.

We continued to sight see over the weekend. We headed to the currently 2nd tallest building in the world (which is right across the street from the currently 4th tallest building in the world). A crazy double decker elevator ride at almost 50 mph took us to the top in roughly a minute where we could look down at the world. While the weather was not the most conducive for viewing, it was still VERY cool to be that high up.

Here I am above the 2nd and 3rd tallest structures in Shanghai. I'm also in a cloud!

We continued that evening with a boat cruise down the river in Shanghai! We were joined by all of the MBA students from SJTU, a university in Shanghai where we have a sister LGO program. The SJTU students have done a phenomenal job as hosts, tour guides, and friends!

Here is the view of the Shanghai skyline from the boat. Still a little hazy, but I think it makes for a good photo effect without the need for photoshop.

The cruise was a ton of fun! It was great to meet everyone and have the experience of the boat! I even met a student who will be in Seattle on an exchange program this coming fall... my first friend in Seattle!

As usual, more to come...