Monday, March 15, 2010

China Bound

In 36 hours I'll be on my way to China. For those who know me, you'll be thinking "again?". In my previous job as a Mechanical Design Engineer at Klipsch (I miss you guys!), I frequently travel to China to oversee the manufacturing of our designs.

This trip to Asia will be part of the International Plant Trek, a non-required international version of the Domestic Plant Trek we did in January. Not only are we visiting China, but Japan as well.

While there will be many cool things to see at companies such as Caterpillar, SAIC, Hitachi, and Toyota... I'm really looking forward to seeing Tokyo (and riding not one, but two high speed trains!!!! One is a Maglev train in Shanghai and the other is the bullet train in Japan!!! Nerdy, I know!)

I will be leaving Wednesday March 17th and returning Sunday March 28th. Right now, I'm conditioning myself to adjust to jetlag. The conditioning will commence with an "all nighter" tuesday night before I leave!

Stay tuned for pictures and stories.



This is a picture from my last trip to China! No Great Wall this trip!