Monday, March 1, 2010

Red Line Pub Crawl

Living in the Boston area, I have become intimately familiar with the Red Line subway. I ride it almost every day to class. I ride it almost every time I visit my brother. I pretty much ride it to go anywhere. I know exactly where I need to stand along the platform so that I'm closest to my exit at the stop where I want to go. I can immediately tell when it's running late, when it's going to be ridiculously crowded, and when I'm probably better off walking. I have a dream of driving one of the trains at least once before I graduate (I'll even settle for the Green line on this one).

Regardless, I love the Red Line.

Over the summer, we had an idea to have a Red Line Pub Crawl... where we would go to several pubs along the Red Line and ride the Red Line in between. Well, 7 months later, it finally happened! Approximate 75 LGO's, MBA's, friends, family, and even a few strangers joined us on our trek along the tracks. We had pub crawl shirts made so it was easy to identify the fun people!

Our schedule was as follows:

Time T-Stop Pub
4:00-5:00 Broadway Station Slainte
5:15-6:15 Park Street Beantown Pub
6:30-7:30 MGH Beacon Hill Pub (BHP)
7:45-9:15 Central Square Asgard
9:30-10:30 Porter Squre Newtowne Grill
10:45 - ??? Harvard Square Hong Kong

Amazingly, we were never more than 7 minutes off of schedule all night! Everything ran amazingly smooth. I guess the LGO program's focus in operations is really paying off!

Here are the Pub Crawl Primary Organizers (many other's helped tremendously, I'm sorry I don't have a picture)

The group at the Park Street Station!

Happy Pub Crawlers at the Beacon Hill Pub.