Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Addicted to Caffeine

I have acquired a headache for no apparent reason. I've experienced this headache before, and it's not due to a late night party. The first step is admitting you have a problem.... I think I'm addicted to caffeine.

Days have gotten longer. Therefore, nights have gotten shorter. Time spent in the classroom has increased. Given these trends, the natural response is that I will fall asleep in class. Therefore I have broken down and take a cup of tea to class each day. I typically try to avoid caffeine as much as possible. I keep my intake to one cup of tea or 1 soft drink a day.

Today is the shortest amount of class time I've had in several weeks (only 2 classes for a total of 3 hours). I also got a full 8 hours of sleep last night. I don't need caffeine to stay awake. However, my body says otherwise.

I almost gave in and bought a Dr Pepper (my absolute favorite) to enjoy and eliminate the headache. However, this is a fix I need to kick, so instead I opted for delicious water from the nearby water fountain. Not quite the same satisfaction, but overall a better feeling. A few more days of water and I'll be free from the grips of caffeine... and sound asleep in statistics class.