Friday, July 17, 2009

North End/Big Dig

Tonight I ventured to the north end of Boston, an area of the city famous for italian restaurants and bakeries. Basically, everywhere you look it is either an italian restaurant or bakery, I'm really not exaggerating.

On the way to the North End we walked across this park:


Some of you may have heard about Boston's "Big Dig". The beautiful picture above is a result of it. If you look across the street (past the lovely Rebecca and David who joined me on my quest for an italian dinner)....


You will find the expressway that runs under the park in the first picture.


Quite a pleasant change, but worth over $11 billion? Some say yes, others say no, and since I tend to stray from politics, let's look at the picture I took on the way home:


Once again, interstate 93 is running underneath of all this.

Dinner was delicious. I experienced Gnoochi for the first time thanks to an excellent recommendation by Rebecca. After dinner we walked past Faniel Hall and jumped back on the Red Line subway to head home. Great Success!