Sunday, July 5, 2009

We're Coming to America... TODAY!


There is a Boston 4th of July tradition where the famous Boston Pops perform at the beautiful Esplanade (a river front amphitheater in Boston) for the firework celebration which is then broadcast over national TV. I have been to many fireworks shows before, and I have even worked behind the scenes at one in particular for many years, but nothing has compared to this!!!



To start with... we have the Boston Pops, a fantastically talented orchestra which has been delighting crowds for years. Throw in a beautiful venue mixed with unanticipated gorgeous weather and top it all off with the one and only Neil Diamond and you have a perfect 4th of July - better yet, it wasn't even the 4th yet!!!! My sister-in-law, Rebecca, was able to snag tickets from her work for the July 3rd dress rehearsal of the show. We experienced the entire show without having to arrive 10+ hours in advance to get a seat or fight our way out of the crowd at the end. It was great.


Did I mention Neil Diamond was there?


And confetti!

I once again thank Rebecca for sharing her tickets. This will most likely be my only Boston 4th of July Celebration and I experienced the main event!

Happy 4th of July to all!