Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where Is Brad?

I know that I've been promising pictures of where I live, so here is the first round. I live south of Central Square on Magazine Street in Cambridge Massachusetts. Check it out on the google map.

Here's a picture of the building that I live in:


If you look to the left of the building:


You will see that a section of the building "sticks out" to the left. If you walk down the sidewalk, towards that protrusion, you will find my front door:


My first day of school picture was taken on the other side of this door. As you can see, we are on the "garden level". A fancy realtor name for "basement". The windows are big enough that you don't really feel like you are underground, and it stays nice and cool for the most part.

Here is another picture of our door, looking towards the front of the building (where I was standing to take the first few pictures).


The building is really cool. It's a pre-war building, constructed around 1930. It's 6 stories tall, plus a basment. There are 3 stairwells, one main staircase and two back staircases. The back staircases have a dumbweighter track running up the middle (I said it's an old building). These back staircases also provide a route to the roof from which there is a great view.

Overall, a great apartment in a great location. A big thanks to my brother, Dave, for helping out with the approval process and for all of his extra furniture from when he moved in with his wife.

More pictures of inside of the apartment to come.